Mahatma Gandhi once said: “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
If you are seeking a better environment, maybe you should consider reducing wastes by implementing the three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
You can reduce waste in many ways:
• Buy only what you need.
• Instead of writing only a few lines on a piece of paper, try to fill the whole page.
• Instead of throwing away your uneaten food, try to eat your whole portion.
• Don’t throw away things that you no more use. Instead, donate unneeded clothes, toys and books.
• Be creative in handling unneeded stuff: Use your old shoebox as a treasury box. A useless tin can be turned into a nice pot for plants.
• When something is broken, consider fixing it before thinking of throwing it away.
• Encourage your parents to set aside special recycling containers for rubbish. This helps to sort materials such as glass, tin cans, plastic and paper.
• Try to buy products made from recycled materials.
If you practice the 3 R’s regularly, not only you will be helping the environment, but you will also be changing the world for a better place!