- Executing independent attack operations or operations that fall in the frame of an operation executed by a major unit. In all cases, an Intervention Regiment can be reinforced or supported with additional forces or fire.
- Overriding attacking friend forces with operations of exploiting success and chasing rival forces.
- Fast intervention in order to provide communication with a trapped friend unit.
- Executing independent defense operations or operations that fall in the frame of another operation executed by a major unit.
- Fast intervention to fix a hole in a defense system that was trespassed.
- Performing a counter attack in order to stop and destroy attacking rival forces.
- Promptly raiding specific targets and destroying them or taking hold over them for a specific period of time.
- Fighting against guerillas.
- Setting traps and conducting various patrols.
- Participating in rescue operations.
The emblem consists of an arrow which means “always forward”, encompassing a bayonet illuminated by a lightning flash symbolizing assault and quick intervention.