Law number 665 issued on 4 February 2005
Clause 1: Contrary to any other stipulation, the military service provided for in the decree law number 102 issued in 16/9/1983 is to be conclusively invalidated in two years after the publication of this law in the official newspaper. ( Law number 665 issued on 4 February 2005 )
Cancellation of the first paragraph, clause number 105 of the decree law number 102 issued in 16/09/1983
Ammendment of the Second paragraph, clause number 105 of the decree law number 102 issued in 16/09/1983 in such a manner that the paragraph reads the following:
"Reduction of the period of military service to six months until the conclusive cancellation stipulated in the first clause of this law"
Addition of the following paragraph to the clause number 105 of the decree law number 102 issued in 16/09/1983:
It is possible, according to the army and the armed forces needs, to extend the service of the privates and noncommissioned officers after the conclusion of their compulsory service for a period which does not exceed five years in the same rank. The personnel shall receive a monthly wage equivalent to the wage of the enlisted soldiers or noncommissioned officers and all the regulations, which attend to the status of their service, shall be applied. The private who extended his service has always the right to terminate his service at the end of any of the extension years.
Modification of the first paragraph, clause number 109 of the decree law number 102 issued in 16/9/1983 and the modification reads the following:
"Postponement of the mobilization call to the military service for one renewable year according to the provisions stated in the paragraph number 1 of the clause 108 provided that the postponement period does not exceed the age of 33 years of the citizen’s age."
Modification of the article 2 of the clause 112, decree law number 102 issued in 16/09/1983 and the modification reads the following:
"The grant of precedence to those who executed the obligations of the military service to be enlisted in all the armed forces and the provisions of this procedure shall be specified in decrees adopted in the council of ministers."
The new stipulated provisions of this law are applied to those who execute the obligations of the military service in the date of enforceability.
Cancellation of the law number 310 issued in 03/04/2001.
Addition of the cases stipulated in the schedule attached to this law to the cases of final or temporary acquittal of the military service obligations.
Cessation of the prosecution of the defaulters of the military service and all the pursuits and sentences regarding them shall be dropped immediately after the issuance of this law.
All the legal and regulative texts incompatible with the provisions of this law or in agreement with its contents shall be invalidated.
publication of this law in the official newspaper and will come into effect after 3 months of its publication
Baabda 4th of February 2005
Signature: Emile Lahoud
Schedule attached to the law intended to modify some of the provisions of the decree law N: 102 issued in 16/09/1983 concerning the military service.
Addition of the following cases to the cases of the final acquittal from the obligations of the military service and without taking any legal procedures.
- The family provider
- The married Citizen if the marriage occurred during the period of the temporary acquittal.
- The students outside Lebanon including the Arab counties.
- The employees.
- The students including those continuing their studies in the universities.
- The brothers of those who executed the obligations of the military service in every family constituted of three sons and less.
- The rest of the siblings of two sons having already executed the obligation of military service in a family constituted of more than 3 sons.
All the paper work through postal communication via Liban Post
Following its previous release, the army command reminds the persons who have to perform the flag services that they are to finish all the paper work through postal communication via Liban Post with the following:
- the person will receive when he applies a temporary document that will allow him to walk about all the time necessary to finish the paperwork.
- Documents can be presented in all the company's branches present in all Lebanese regions and receive all the finished papers on the specified addresses.
- The presentation of the order does not request the presence of the owner of the matter.
- For more info, call the mobilization Directorate or one of its branches:
Mobilization Directorate: 01/422244
Mobilization Department, Beirut: 01/789262
Mobilization Department, Mount Lebanon: 05/951271
Mobilization Department, North: 06/381602
Mobilization Department, South: 07/735616
Mobilization Department, Bekaa: 08/901155
The Military Service
Information taken from legislative law No 102/83 and its amendments (the law of national defense), and the law No 3778/93 concerning the exemption and adjournment cases and its applicable instructions.
In addition to that, law No 310 on 3/4/2001 concerning the Lebanese who are living abroad and its applicable theories.
- Contrary to any other text, the military service stipulated in the decree-law n°102 on 16/09/1983 ( the law of the national defense) will be abolished decisively after two years from the publication of this law in the official newspaper.(law nb. 665 issued on February 4th 2005)
- The arresting of people who failed to join the military service will be stopped and all provisions which is related to this matter will be abolished after the publication of this law.
- The military service period determined by the article 105 from the decree – law number 102 in 16/09/1983 will be lessened to six months, and to be executed in the army units till the final cancellation of this service.
- According to the army command and needs of Armed Forces, it’s possible to extend the service of the previous and time being soldiers and non-commissioned officers after they finish their obligatory service for a period not exceeding five years in the rank they had served in, in which their monthly salary equals the first degree salary of the enlisted rank each one has and all legal terms which include the recruits’ situations applied throughout their service period.
- The recruited who has extended the period of his service has the right to finish his service at the end of any year of the extension years.
- The Commandment of the Army is in charge of the convocation of the candidates, and of giving them the conditions of the service through different information services.
- Instructions, publications, memorandum and convocation of the candidates are transmitted by Lebanese diplomatic missions abroad through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Every citizen recruited or who has reached the age of 18 should present himself to his regional mobilization department to declare his place of residence, receive indications concerning his drafting and present the necessary documents concerning his eventual exemption, adjournment or enroll.
- Every Lebanese citizen residing abroad can send documents related to his situation to the mobilization.
- The draftees can acquire the rank of Lieutenant, Sergeant Major, Sergeant or Soldier depending of the level of education they have reached as explained below:
- Lieutenant: Medical Doctors, Pharmacists, Engineers, carriers of Masters degree or higher.
- Sergeant Major: carriers of a university license.
- Sergeant: carriers of an official TS diploma.
- Soldier: Other levels of education.